A Message from Global Caring Ethics
Global Caring Ethics…vision to reality!
Our challenge is to address the huge suffering and poverty amongst billions of our human family and establish global human rights, something that we all strive for, but so far with limited success.
* Officially, we are led to believe that adults shine the light for global peace and harmony but so many of you have shown the contrary!
* Time and time again you describe how young people’s hearts and minds, fresh from parental love, generate bonds of friendship crossing boundaries of state, race and faith.
* You describe children positively bubbling with enthusiasm when presenting their ideas to solve global problems.
* Feed back from young people volunteering abroad in their gap year, confirms that they get a buzz from doing a ‘healing’ job, much as a nurse or doctor does from a positive caring occupation.
* It is a fact that positive empathy will lodge in a young brain, enter adolescence and retain its power into adulthood.
* In effect, this means that the younger generation hold the key to a happier caring world. It just requires positive enthusiasm to exploit this finding…..but sooner rather than later!
* Without the charitable movements and the positive activities, such as the ones you represent, there would be mayhem on planet earth!
* But a number of us have already realised that the missing ‘educare’ element within education allows negative values to creep in and bring out human’s worst characteristics based on power and greed.
* The present curriculum with its 3Rs shouts a ‘message’. It says:
‘Education provides the power to improve your life, to be somebody and lead a fulfilling life.’
But hunger for power can provide fulfillment of the negative variety and educated rogues regularly exploit this power causing huge misery to billions of our fellow beings.
The 4th R in a Positive Values Education.
This special R stands for three basic trends, namely, Human Rights, Respect for all races and faiths, and Responsibility for the welfare of fellow humans everywhere. The last Responsibility being an extension of the care we are already showing for wild life, farmed animals and ‘green’ activities.
But this 4th R should not be a burden on overworked teachers. Global Caring Ethics can fit within the present subjects, humanities and citizenship, in such a way as to inspire creative ideas. For instance, ideas sown in young hearts and minds that suggest ‘I can do something to help make the world a happier place’ strikes a core which actually lies within us all.
Research shows that positive adult values do arrive from ethics sown in childhood. There is no doubt about this!
The whole purpose of the Action Plan is to reverse the selfish direction of global education.
It is no fantasy to suppose that the key to a happier peaceful world lies in addressing this missing R in education. Lets go for it and press every lever in the education world!
Inspiring that 4th R
The teachers amongst you will confirm that teaching a child to be kind and good often invites rebellion. But inspiring a young person to visualise that he or she can be a ‘healer of sorts’, is an exciting prospect.
Here are a few suggestions for teachers to adopt in the creative inspiration process:-
“Children, you learn about the bad things happening in the world. Come up with your ideas so your own children can live one day in a happier peaceful world.”
“Children, there is so little rain in some parts of Africa, and people have to walk 5 miles every day to fetch drinking water from a river.”
“Write about your ideas to help these poor families. Watch the spelling please.”
One can visualise numerous ideas to inspire creative thoughts in childrens’ hearts and minds.
Every person within the education world needs to be contacted. A role organiser is needed. There are thousands ready to support you! Do not doubt, this ‘Educare’ movement is one more step in the evolutionary process towards a true human being! Be a part of it!